Vacancy: Deputy Representative Netherlands Business Support Office Porto Alegre
Netherlands Business Support Office Porto Alegre is part of a worldwide network of Netherlands Business Support Offices (NBSOs) administrated by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) of the Dutch ministry of Economic Affairs. NBSOs have no diplomatic status and are dedicated exclusively to the promotion of Dutch trade and investment.
NBSO in Brazil is part of the Dutch Economic Network, coordinated by the Head of Economy. The network furthermore consists of the economic departments of the Netherlands Embassy in Brasília and the Dutch Consulates-General in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, as well as of the Agricultural Counsellor, the Holland Innovation Network (HIN) and the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA) in Brazil.
The office has as its main objective to support Dutch enterprises, in particular small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) in their orientation and approach to the Brazilian market, by providing services, information and contacts. Its activities are primarily directed at Rio Grande do Sul and the Southern Region of Brazil.
NBSO Brazil aims to strengthen Dutch entrepreneurial presence in Brazil and to facilitate Dutch business and investments. It also represents other Dutch interests, based upon requests of the diplomatic missions.
The team is made up of a Chief Representative and a Deputy Representative. This vacancy is for the position of Deputy Representative in Porto Alegre.
The Deputy Representative is contracted by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Brasília for a full-time position – 1 fte / 40 hours a week. Placement is in Porto Alegre. Employment will be according to Brazilian labour regulations. Non-Brazilian candidates should present a work permit for Brazil.
The main tasks of a Deputy Representative are:
- Proactively gathering and processing of relevant market information; reporting of opportunities for export or investments by Dutch companies; informing RVO and other relevant parties about these opportunities
- Advising Dutch companies in their orientation towards the Brazilian market; execution of business intermediation by telephone or mail and other services offered by RVO
- Registering of NBSO activities in the RVO Achilles database and preparing reports on the projects managed by NBSO
- Maintaining a network of contacts to obtain information and to keep the Chief Representative, the Economic Network and RVO up-to-date on local developments
- Organising of promotional and informational activities, such as seminars, visits and webinars
- Support in the organisation of and assistance in receiving incoming delegations, economic missions and visits
- Assistance to the Chief Representative in the daily operation of the office
- Contributing to the administration of the office; preparing payments to suppliers and service providers
- Proactively maintaining up-to-date NBSO Brazil´s website and social media
Tasks which may be attributed to the Deputy Representative:
- During absence of the Chief Representative guaranteeing the continuity of the office and its activities according to the rules and customs of the office
- Under the responsibility of the Chief Representative processing monthly financial reports for RVO
NBSO Porto Alegre is looking for someone who attends to the following qualifications:
- Higher education degree, preferably in the area of business administration or commerce
- Affiliation with international business, the Netherlands and its economy
- Working experience, preferably 3 to 4 years, in a Brazilian or international enterprise
- Knowledge of Brazilian tax- and import regulations
- Excellent command of written and spoken Portuguese and English (Dutch proficiency is a plus)
- Experienced in answering questions and processing information in an adequate manner
- Experienced in organising business events
Eligible candidates possess or excel in these competencies:
- Network abilities, Result and Service orientation, Flexible, Pro-active, Planning & Organising, Decision taking, Working together, Management sensitivity and Integrity
NBSO Porto Alegre offers a full-time contract with a salary according to the salary concept 7 of the Netherlands Embassy in Brasília, a 13th month and a collective health insurance.
Interested candidates may send their Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to BRA-HR@minbuza.nl until 19 August 2018.