PUBLIC DIPLOMACY OFFICER
Imagem: ©MFA / MFA
PUBLIC DIPLOMACY OFFICER
THE EMBASSY OF THE KINGDOM OF THE NETHERLANDS IN LISBON
has a local vacancy and is looking for
a PUBLIC DIPLOMACY OFFICER
with a part-time fixed-term contract (18 hours)
In case this position arouses your interest, please send your CV + photo and application letter in English, exclusively to LIS@minbuza.nl before November 9th 2019 close of business.
Public Diplomacy officer
- Advising on the use of public diplomacy to bring across a realistic and positive image of The Netherlands, including advising on relevant target groups, content and information tools.
- Providing information on The Netherlands and Portugal to the public in general.
- Monitoring developments and sharing knowledge and advice to embassy management and staff on issues such as democratic values, human rights, moral issues, social and cultural affairs, public diplomacy, education, sports, tourism and (social) media.
- Providing administrative support for and organizing of public diplomacy activities.
- Providing content for the website and social media of the Embassy.
- Editing, correcting and translating of (official) correspondence, including speeches, into Portuguese.
- Establishing, maintaining and developing a professional network with regards to media, civil society and cultural institutions.
- Higher professional educational level in communications, arts, culture, society, languages, international relations or related field.
- At least one year of relevant work experience in this field.
- Command of Portuguese, Dutch and English languages, excellent written expression skills in Portuguese.
- Knowledge of new and traditional methods of information, including use of social media, and of developments in the area of interest.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Skills in collecting and clarifying information and providing management information.
- Networker and team player: establishes and maintains contacts in a broad field of stakeholders and relevant actors. Maintains a positive, constructive attitude and understands that our work is a group effort that can only succeed if everyone takes responsibility for their part.
- Enthusiastic, curious, service oriented, pro-active and capable of ‘multi-tasking’.
The Embassy currently holds 12 FTE positions (10 permanent positions, 2 temporary) and has a mix of Portuguese and Dutch nationals. Priority areas are: European cooperation, sustainable trade and investment and consular affairs. Public diplomacy is being used as a strategic and integrated instrument to achieve results in the aforementioned priority areas.
This position is within the policy cluster of the Embassy which means that you will work closely with the management team and colleagues working on economic, trade, political and European affairs, including with a public diplomacy policy officer, who is also working on a part time basis.